Cathy O’Shea, RN, MSN, APN-C
- Posted on: Oct 27 2015
Collaborating Physician with Dr. Richard E. Fleming and office Nurse Practitioner at Medical Arts Pavilion at the University Medical Center at Princeton Plainsboro.
Masters of Science in Nursing: Acute Care Nurse Practitioner – Summa Cum Laude- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Science in Nursing: Magna Cum Laude – University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware
R.N.F.A. (Registered Nurse First Assistant), Center for Nursing Excellence: Muhlenberg College, Sacred Heart Hospital, Allentown, Pennsylvania
- University of Pennsylvania Health System
- Penn Sports Medicine Orthopedic Group – Office, In-Patient & Operating Room at Presbyterian Hospital
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP) – Trauma and Surgical Intensive Care Unit
- Phoenixville Hospital – Vascular Surgery and Intensive Care Unit
- State of New Jersey Family Practice Clinic – Trenton
- Board Certified –Acute Care Nurse Practitioner- American Nurses Credentialing Center
- ONP-C- Orthopedic Nurse Practitioner Certified – National Association of Orthopedic Nurses.
- C.R.N.F.A. Certified Registered Nurse First Assistant, Association of Operating Room Nurses
- C.N.O.R. Certified Nurse Operating Room, Association of Operating Room Nurses
- Sigma Theta Tau – International Nursing Honor Society
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
Catherine M. O’Shea graduated Magna cum Laude from the University of Delaware. She received her Master of Science in Nursing Summa cum Laude as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner from the University of Pennsylvania. Her training includes extensive surgical rotations in sports medicine and orthopedic surgery, trauma, and surgical and medical intensive care at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and other hospitals affiliations within the University of Pennsylvania Health System.
Prior to her role as a nurse practitioner, Catherine O’Shea served as a “hands on” nurse manager for the Princeton Orthopedic Associates Surgical Suite. She had held several registered nursing staff positions at the University Medical Center Princeton in the Operating Room, as a registered nurse first assistant, and as team leader for orthopedic and vascular surgery. She also held earlier positions on ICU and Oncology units.
Catherine is nationally board-certified as an acute care adult nurse practitioner and is an active member of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners and the National Association of Orthopedic Nurses in which she is certified as a Orthopedic Nurse Practitioner. She is a certified registered nurse first assistant by the Association of Operating Room Nurses.